Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT IS THE SALON SUITES CONCEPT?
An upscale mini-salon (or salon studio) that allows individual beauty professionals to own their own salon without the risks, expenses or overhead related to owning a traditional salon. With 30 Salon suites under one roof, you will be surrounded with like-minded salon professionals, allowing you to be in business for yourself, but not by yourself.
WHAT IS INCLUDED IN THE LEASE?
- Break room/ Kitchen area
- Ample Lighted Parking
- Towel Laundry Service (always have clean/ folded towels on hand, no need to do it yourself)
- Continuing Education reimbursement (up to $100/year)
- Floating Vacation Weeks, can be used at any time. (1 week for 1 yr lease, 3 weeks for 2 year lease)
- Each suite is private and lockable, with hallway seating provided for each client.
- All Utilities (except phone)
I’M INTERESTED! HOW DO I RESERVE A SUITE FOR MY BUSINESS?
It’s simple! Contact us and receive an emailed Salon Suite application Fill it out. Once we have approved your application you can pay a $99 deposit and we will hold your suit for 30 days. You will be required to sign the lease prior to this deadline or forfeit your reservation and we will reimburse your deposit fee.
Once we receive your deposit fee (which will be applied to your first rent balance). We will email you a list of steps you need to take before you can open for business (i.e. liability insurance, apply for a salon license etc.) Included in the email will be detailed instructions on how to do all of these. If you have any questions along the way you can always call us and we will help you through it.
Once you have completed the pre-lease steps, we will set up a meeting to finalize your lease. At this time, we will walk you through the space and hand over the key to Your Own Suite.
CAN I PERSONALIZE MY SUITE?
Absolutely! We encourage you to make the space reflect your personality. We only ask that you not attach anything permanent or remove any of the provided equipment. Paint colors need to be approved by management before application, and any painting or loud decorating be done on Sundays and Mondays.
WHAT ARE THE PRE-LEASING STEPS I WOULD NEED TO TAKE?
You need your cosmetology, barber, esthetician, manicuring, license from state of North Carolina, business license, Federal tax ID, Salon License from North Carolina, as well as general and liability insurance. We will assist you in getting all necessary documents.
WHAT IS THE TYPICAL CANDIDATE FOR A SALON SUITE RENTER?
- Salon suites are designed for established beauty professionals with a solid client base.
- Salon owner that is ready for a change and wants to get out of the everyday challenges of traditional salon ownership.
- Booth renters that would like to take their business to the next level.
- Although there will be advertising and systems to promote new business the concept is based on established professionals.
ARE THERE OTHER BENEFITS?
- Create your own work schedule and set your own hours.
- Decorate your own studio however you like. (You can even paint it!)
- You are in charge of your own business — no shady salon politics.
- A great mix of beauty professionals who foster referrals.
- You keep 100% of your profits!
- Access to your suite 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Competitive suite rental costs.
- No salon owner demands!
- Establish your own business identity.
WHAT IF I DON’T KNOW HOW TO RUN A BUSINESS?
It is true, a great salon professional does not always make a great business owner. This is why at Aspire Salons we are dedicated to helping our industry professionals grow their business and careers. Our team is available to consult with you about the challenges risks, and expenses involved with running a business. Apire Salons is also a great place to connect with the other like-minded individuals who have gone through this exact process.
CAN I SHARE A SUITE WITH A FRIEND/ ANOTHER PROFESSIONAL?
YES! Suite sharing is available for no extra charge. Share a single or double suite with one of your colleagues today and both benefit from a great location with a lower cost per stylist.